Monday, March 14, 2011

Window Portrait

Describe: This photo is a portrait of myself, so I am the subject matter. The foreground is of myself and the background, which you can't see very much, is of my room. This work is figurative.

Analyze: There's the use of shape in my face. There's a pretty equal amount of visual tones of whites (in my face) and blacks (in my hair) in this also. The photo was taken in focus intentionally.

Interpret: The purpose of this photo was to use the natural window light from outside, while the portrait is taken of a person inside. The sunlight helps to bring out a natural looking portrait. It also brings out the lights and darks. I'd say this image is in between light and dark.

Judge: I feel my photo was a successful portrait of myself. It really shows the different tones of whites and darks using the natural light. The mood is very fun and happy, with the smiling. If I had to change anything, I'd probably just show more of the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment